Something about my personality causes me to be uncomfortable in a variety of situations for a variety of reasons. Whether it's shame, guilt, fear, physical conditions, or something not listed here, just about everything makes me feel uncomfortable.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Walking through anti-theft detection devices at store entrances...

...makes me uncomfortable. Not that I'm ever stealing, but every time I walk through those scanners, I think my phone or my titanium leg or my camera or something else I don't understand will set off the alarm. Then, even though I'm not stealing, I'll have that unsure moment where I can't decide if I should:

A. Stop so they can search me and I can prove I'm not stealing.

or

B. Keep walking because I know I didn't steal anything--in which case I risk them chasing me down and tackling me.

Generally, the alarm does not go off. But now I think it can smell my fear and will assume it's fear based in guilt. Which it is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment