Something about my personality causes me to be uncomfortable in a variety of situations for a variety of reasons. Whether it's shame, guilt, fear, physical conditions, or something not listed here, just about everything makes me feel uncomfortable.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Talking to bouncers and seeing if I'm on a list...

...makes me uncomfortable. My default setting is "not on the list." So my natural instinct and desire is to wait in line with everyone else. This weekend, we went to some event and there was a pretty long line. My girlfriend insisted we go to the front and tell the bouncer we're on some sort of list. So I have to walk past all of these people, with what to me felt like a high probability of being sent back to the end of the line. To make matters worse, the bouncer has to send someone inside to check if there even is a list. At that point I'm actually saying aloud, "We're not on the list. We RSVP'ed, just like everyone else."

Turns out, there was a list. And just the knowledge of the existence of that list was enough to get us past the line. If I was in line, I would hate me. But I wasn't, so eat it line.

No comments:

Post a Comment