Something about my personality causes me to be uncomfortable in a variety of situations for a variety of reasons. Whether it's shame, guilt, fear, physical conditions, or something not listed here, just about everything makes me feel uncomfortable.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Elevator conversations...

...make me uncomfortable. I know I'm not alone here. Being stuck in that little box with someone I speak to only when stuck in that little box is one of the worst experiences. Better going up than down. When you go down, there's a chance you'll leave the building with that person and walk in the same direction, extending the conversation you never really wanted to have in the first place. There's one guy, who I know will try and talk to me about football every time we're in the elevator. Not because he loves football, but because it's his defense mechanism for the uncomfortable situation.


A less intense form of uncomfortable comes from listening to other people have elevator coversations. I'm thankful it's not me, but I'm uncomfortable just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment