Something about my personality causes me to be uncomfortable in a variety of situations for a variety of reasons. Whether it's shame, guilt, fear, physical conditions, or something not listed here, just about everything makes me feel uncomfortable.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Writing "thank you" notes...

...makes me uncomfortable. It already says "thank you," which is basically all the note is for. Then there's all of this blank space, which I feel obligated to fill up with more words. The more I fill up, the more thankful I seem. Usually, I don't have that much to say about the thankfulness. From now on, I'm just going to tack a few words onto the "Thank You" printed on the card.


THANK YOU for letting me stay at your hose.
THANK YOU for dinner.
THANK YOU for letting me touch your privates.

Since I only send about two of these notes a year, it's not really a big deal. Still, uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment