Something about my personality causes me to be uncomfortable in a variety of situations for a variety of reasons. Whether it's shame, guilt, fear, physical conditions, or something not listed here, just about everything makes me feel uncomfortable.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Nitpicking terms of a standard legal agreement...

...makes me uncomfortable. We're renting someone's house for a vacation, and as he should, the owner has a 14 page legal document for us to sign and return before we can rent it. Generally, I don't even read these documents. I'm guessing they're pretty standard. As long as you use common sense and treat the property with respect, there won't be a problem. But when you have two lawyers traveling with you, they apparently want to read the agreement and make all sorts of legal comments about it, which I then have to talk to the owner about. I don't like being that guy. I wish I had blindly signed the document and returned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment